Version 1.6 introduces a large number of back end changes to Roadkill which should make for faster release cycles in the future:
- NHibernate has been replaced with LightSpeed ORM, and Roadkill now properly supports SQL Server CE and Postgres, plus SimpleDB and Azure.
- MongoDB is now fully supported
- Issues with 64 bit and 32 bit SQLite dependencies are now fixed, and SQLite is an optional install.
- Tokens for warning, information, now have the format @@warning: my text @@warning
- New youtube:
- Bug fixes with the table of contents tag.
- Better error handling and 404s
- Brand new caching system - you can now set caching on the server, and browser/client caching.
- New error logging using trace listeners (text and xml files supported).
- Experimental Mono support, see the monoreadme.txt
...full list: https://bitbucket.org/mrshrinkray/roadkill/issues?milestone=v1.6%20Release
For details of what's coming up next, see the roadmap at https://roadkill.codeplex.com/
Once you have upgraded all files necessary (see upgrade.txt for instructions on this), you will be prompted to upgrade your database. Please ensure you make a backup of your site and database before doing this.
Your site settings will be reset when you upgrade, so please change these back once the upgrade is complete.
Note: Automatic SQLite upgrades are not supported in 1.6. If you wish to upgrade your SQLite database, please create a new support ticket on Bitbucket, and the upgrade can be done for you.
For full upgrade instructions, see the upgrade.txt file.