Note: if you're upgrading from version 1.7, please use the Upgrade download instead.
Version 2 of Roadkill introduces a number of new features:
- Roadkill is now .NET 4.5 and MVC 5
- Language support for Swedish, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch - thanks to the contributors for these.
- Bootstrap 3 support
- UI refresh with a new responsive theme.
- Redesigned editor with a side-by-side preview
- New plugin framework for text plugins (for custom tokens) and Special: url support.
- A RESTful api (currently experimental and admins only - looking for feedback)
- Add custom HTML head content (add web fonts, Google analytics etc.).
- Customise the navigation menu
- Screwturn v3 import support
- SQL Export (data backup) tool
Documentation is now online at http://www.roadkillwiki.net/wiki/6/documentation
The configuration files have changed slightly in version 2 to make future upgrades simpler. You roadkill settings should now be stored in the roadkill.config file and your connection string in the connectionString.config file, copying over the web.config.
The theme framework has also changed a lot, due to the changes in Bootstrap 3.
for more information.